"I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God, in Him will I trust." Psalms 91:2

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Beginnings...2013

Dear Friend,

Well, about four months ago, I took a WEEK off to take our oldest son back to college.  I have to say that was the LONGEST week of my life.  Lol

Seriously, though, I had every intention of picking back up with my blog when I returned home, but somehow life happened and I had alot of "reflecting" to do about the purpose for which this blog had been created.  I am glad to say that the Lord has been working in my heart and I am excited about this new year.  The Lord has placed several things on my heart for this coming year that He would like for me to accomplish.  One of those things is this blog. 

I have renamed my blog and I am refocused on it's purpose.  In the past months, God has really been reminding me of HIS LOVE for ME, Robyn Bachman.  He is reminding me constantly that I do not have to be like so and so...He simply wants me to be who He created me to be.  I fall, too often, into the trap of comparison and it has been here that I have struggled for some time.  However, this is one of my goals for the new year to realize who I am in Christ and what I am capable of doing for Him and through Him.

Each year I host a Christmas fellowship for the ladies of my church and at this fellowship I share a verse or more that God gives me to focus on in the upcoming year.  This year my verses were found in Psalms 91:1 - 2, "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."   It is from these verses that I have gained new perspective on many things in my life.  It is from these verses that I have come to change the name of my blog and move in a different direction, to some degree.

The word "reflection" means: an act of reflecting or being reflected; an image; representation; counterpart; a fixing of the thoughts on something; careful consideration; a thought occuring in consideration or meditation.

The word "nest" means: a snug retreat or refuge; a resting place; home.

These writings will be reflections of the lessons I am learning while sheltered under the wings of my Saviour.  It is here with my Saviour that I can grow, learn and find shelter from the storms of life.  It is only in Him where I can find true refuge.  I desire this year, more than ever, to dwell with Him in that secret place.  I long to trust Him completely with all that life brings.  It is my deepest desire to rest in Him.

Thank you for your patience and for your friendship to me.  I am thankful that I am able to share these lessons with you because in doing so I become accountable to staying focused on these goals.  I plan to also share recipes, tips and ideas for the home as well.  It is amazing how much we can learn from one another. 

I am truly excited about 2013 for I believe it holds many new things for me, my family and my church family.  I look forward to seeing what the year will bring and I am even more excited to know that I am face the year sheltered "under His wings". 

From My Heart,
Robyn


2 comments:

  1. SO glad you're back. Looking forward to reading more.
    Happy New Year and many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I love the new title and look! :)

    ReplyDelete