"I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God, in Him will I trust." Psalms 91:2

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Exciting Days Ahead

AI Thessalonians 5:16 - 18  "Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

Our church will be starting a new venture this week and recently I have had many thoughts going through my head about what the Lord has planned for our church.  We are starting an extension church in a nearby city and will be reaching new people for the Lord.  This is an exciting time in the life of our church.  My husband is super excited about our future.  :)

Our church people have put many hours in visiting and passing out flyers.  Our men have gathered to pray.  Our ladies have gathered to pray.  My pastor husband has met with city representatives and shared his plan for our new church.  Alot of time has gone into this first service that will take place this week.  It is very exciting!

As I have prayed and thought about this new church...the above verses have continued to come to my mind.  I realize that any good that comes of this will be all because of God.  At the end of this same chapter in verse 24 the Bible says, "Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it."  You see anything that we do for the Lord is because of the Lord...He is the One Who makes all things happen. 

From these verses I have been reminded that as I serve the Lord I need to do three things:

1.  Rejoice - rejoice about the goodness of God and what He can accomplish through a life surrendered to His service.
2.  Pray - pray for His blessings and pray for His wisdom to do things the way He desires them to be done
3.  Give thanks - Thank God for all that He will do through our service to Him; we need to believe that He will do much through our efforts

So, this week as I stand beside my Preacher husband and with our church members, I am claiming the Word of God as I am choosing to rejoice, as I am continuing to pray and as I am giving thanks for what God is going to do in and through this new church.

I am nervous (because I am human), but I am excited about what God has planned for Calvary Baptist Church of Collierville, Tn.  It is vital that we keep our eyes on God and keep busy serving Him because as is seen in the very first part of the chapter I mentioned from I Thessalonians 5, the Lord is coming back as a thief in the night.  I don't know about you, but I want to be busy serving Him when He returns. 

Let's face it, what matters for eternity is what we do for Christ!

From my Heart,
Robyn

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Praying that God's blessing surrounds your new church.

    ReplyDelete