"I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God, in Him will I trust." Psalms 91:2

Saturday, January 5, 2013

"Reflections.." Purpose Revealed

So, I thought it would be good to reveal a few ideas I am working on for this blog.  Mind you, these are goals that I have and I am guessing as I go along, my ideas will change from time to time. Be patient with me as I try to develop my thought processes.  Thank you, in advance. 

I am desiring to have three specific areas of focus about which I will write.  These three areas will be as follows:

Marriage & Motherhood:  Things others have taught that I have found to be beneficial; ideas gleaned through reading outside resources; as well, as everyday life in my own home...I want to be "real" with you.  Let's face it, ladies, we aren't alone and when we "THINK" we are the only ones going through something...truth is, we aren't

Practical Tips & Ideas: The purpose of this will be to share recipes, cleaning and organizational ideas, practical helps for personal growth, etc.  I love swapping ideas with other ladies and I look forward to learning from you.  This will be lighthearted, yet helpful.  Who among us doesn't need more brainstorming ideas...let's enjoy making life work for us.

Friendship & Ministry:  I desire here to work on building better relationships with people and to, also, include ideas that will help ladies who are involved in ministering in a church capacity.  Again, we, as sisters in Christ, have much we can glean from one another.  I think we feel isolated sometimes in our areas of ministry, often forgetting that there is an army of ladies out there serving and ministering to others longing to have a comradery of support.  I hope to be part of that support and to gain knowledge from you as well.  These ideas may include scheduling, planning showers for others, Sunday School ideas and lessons thoughts, activities for ladies ministry, etc...there is a wealth of ideas from which we all can glean.  I don't know about you, but I am a sponge and I love soaking up ideas that help me to improve my service for the Lord.

Again, my desire is to be real...to just be myself. So, if you are looking for perfection, well, you have come to the wrong place. However, if you are looking for somewhere to share ideas, to rejoice with one another, to learn from other ladies well, then, you have come to the right place. I hope that through this blog, I will gain new friends and the Lord will allow our lives to be enriched by the life lessons we share.  I pray that as God teaches me, you may be helped as well. One would think that in my 40's, I would have "it all together", but truth be told I am realizing more and more each day how much I have yet to learn.

I want to do more for God this year; I want to see more souls saved; I want to be a better wife; I want to be a better mom; I want to be a better friend; I want to be a better daughter; I want to be a better sister; I want to be a better pastor's wife; I want to be a better teacher, but none of this will happen if I am not focused on being who God made me to be...Robyn.  So, as I share the reflections God shows me as I look in the mirror of His Word, may you, as I, be reminded that He loves each of us. He longs for us to fully comprehend the depth of His love for us and even though that seems so unfathomable to our minds...He truly does love us!

Ephesians 3:17 - 19 says, "That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to KNOW the LOVE OF CHRIST, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with ALL the fullness of God."

This about sums up my heart...to know His love for me and to be filled with Him.  Is that your desire? How wonderful to comprehend fully His love...you know it is not too late.  Join me this year is knowing Him more. I welcome your feedback and your insights as I make this journey. 

I look forward to the "Reflections from the Robyn's Nest" in 2013...and I trust that these "reflections" will be a blessing to you as I know God intends them to be for me.  Thank for visiting my nest!  

From My Heart,
Robyn

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! Thanks for sharing your wisdom. I'm excited about your direction for the blog this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, Thank you for your kindness. I don't know that I would call what I share wisdom, but rather learning. Lol I am enjoying this avenue of meeting new ladies, who as I, want to grow and learn. God bless you! Hope I can be a blessing throughout this year. Robyn

      Delete