"I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God, in Him will I trust." Psalms 91:2

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Organization in Progress...Meal Planning made Simple

So, ladies, is anyone else like me?  Really busy living life...you know, family, work and church?  I get so busy with all my responsibilities that I don't always take the time to plan out meals like I should.  However, this year that is high priority for me.  I knew in order to make this happen, I had to have a plan...a system.  I found these adorable binders at Target (both for around $10) and decided that I would try them out.  I had looked at several different ones, but came to the conclusion that I liked the format in both of these.  Plus, I can create custom pages and add them in as the big binder has a clip that pops open. These products are made by Mead Products.  The larger binder organizer contains several different sections as follows:
#1 - Shopping list pages
#2 - Coupon pockets (in abundance)
#3 - Pages to list websites and blogs frequented (password and username info can be recorded as well)  I like this because I am forever forgetting my passwords.
#4 - Clear ziploc pocket that can be used for receipts or whatever you choose

 The smaller of the two organizer is strictly for recording website and blog information for sites frequented. I pay all my bills online and thus, have passwords and usernames that I use each month...again, I tend to have a hard time remembering them all so, this will prove useful for me.  As far as websites and blogs, well, my list continues to grow and this will save me time as well.  I have one place for hotel info, grocery store info, shopping info, etc.  This will be wonderful!

I started on Thursday filling out my organizers and I am very excited about being able to feel more organized in my planning of meals and shopping.  Plus, I know the extra perk will be money saved...I am good about only buying what is listed.  So, that will mean savings for our pocket book.  :)  I especially like this benefit!

I plan to add in some other categories such as medical info, birthday and anniversary lists, important dates to remember, and a calendar so the large organizer can become my "brain" so to speak.  I have a smart phone and use it for alot of things, but I have to be honest...I love lists and writing them out and seeing them actually accomplished.  Don't get me wrong, I am not giving up my smart phone because, well, because...I just can't do that...lol.  However, the combination of smart phone and list making will bring peace to my world and that is something I can live with for sure.

So, if you will excuse me, I need to go work on my grocery list for the week.  Have a great day and until next time, "PLAN YOUR WORK AND WORK YOUR PLAN".  (This phrase was taught to me in college by Dr. Wendall Evans...truly wise advice)

From my Heart,
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment