"I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God, in Him will I trust." Psalms 91:2

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Therefore Will I Hope in Him

Today I received word that a 16 year old young man, for whom our church had been praying, had passed away. This young man had cancer. According to friends and family, this young man knew Christ as His personal Saviour; so, now this young man is home with His heavenly Father and at peace. My heart is heavy for the family of this boy.  I can't imagine the emotions they are feeling.  I am glad to know that they are Christians and are not going through any of this alone...for they have Christ.
I watched the news report on this story...it had been very well known throughout the community of this young man's fight for life. They told how his mother informed others via a tweet "don't pray for Trey, he is in Heaven; pray for the family now."  I sat there listening to the story and all I could think about were my own two sons. I cannot imagine having gone through what this family has gone through all these months.
These parents watched as their son was taken from them by way of a serious illness; yet, their testimony never waivered. I asked myself how they stayed so positive and was reminded that it was through the grace and faithfulness of God.
Recently I was reading in Lamentations 3 verses 22 - 24 which say,
       "It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed,  because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him."
This family grieves the loss of a child and I am sure it would be very easy to be consumed by the grief, but they have hope in Christ that one day they will be together again.  Trials and troubles will come into our lives, but when a person has Christ...that person ALWAYS has HOPE. 
I will continue praying for this family as I imagine the days and nights to come will be long for them as they miss their sweet son.  I keep thinking I would not want to be forgotten after having gone through such a loss.  So, the least that I can do is to continue to pray for them.
The news showed an interview with this young man and in the interview the young man said, "I want God to get ALL the glory."  Wow!  This young man took a terrible situation and realized that through it all to God be the glory.  I just have to think that God was very proud of him for that...he learned in 16 short years the lesson God wants us all to learn: that life is all about giving God the glory for what is done whether good or bad in our lives and realizing that through it all our hope is in Him!
So, today I have been reminded the importance of placing my hope in Him at all times and realizing, too, that life is short.  I did not personally know this young man, but he has touched my life by his testimony.  We must all realize that our lives, whether we know it or not, affect others.  I believe this young man left a legacy of hope...what legacy will be left by you and I?  Just something to think about....

From the heart,
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment