"I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God, in Him will I trust." Psalms 91:2

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

LOOK Ryan....There's MORE Food in the House!

This is going to be a light hearted post...one of my favorite kinds. :)  Yesterday, I left my house to take my oldest son to work.  Jordan, my youngest, came with us because dad was at work still. After dropping Ryan at his workplace, Jordan and I headed off to run a few errands.  First stop was the chiropractor; second stop was Aldi's; third stop was Walgreens; and last, but not least, we treated ourselves to some KFC.
Now, let me explain something about how I grocery shop as it will lend to the story later.  I generally plan a week's meals at a time based on that week's sales flyers.  I try to use up groceries on hand and then, make out a menu and shop accordingly for the coming week.  I don't ususally keep alot of food in the house just because I have found it goes to waste and I really don't like that.  So, as the years have gone by, I have adjusted how I meal plan and grocery shop.  When my family is about to go out of town, I especially like to use up our resources in the way of food and basically, empty my cupboards minus staples, so to speak.  Well, my family is planning to be at a Youth Conference coming up soon and I happen to be weaning the food supply.
Anyways, we ran our errands, came home and enjoyed our evening.  Ryan got off work at 9 pm and my husband picked him up after having a late meeting.  Jordan and I spent the evening at home.  Well, Ryan walks in the door from work and the first words out of Jordan's mouth were, "Ryan, there's MORE food in the house!"  I kid you not my son was saying this with gusto and enthusiasm.  I just started laughing!  I couldn't believe how excited he was that we had more food in the house.  It was as if we had been starving for days or something...LOL.  Anyways, Ryan just looks at him and responds with, "okay"...as if to say, whatever.  My boys crack me up!
The point I am making is that even in the craziest of comments or happenings throughout the day, life can be fun.  I sure do love my family!  I love that we laugh at crazy things.  I don't know about you, but life is hard enough sometimes and it sure is good to come home, be with the people you love and find a way to make happiness out of silly things....such as MORE FOOD IN THE HOUSE!
So, friend, I challenge you today and this week...what will be your "more food in the house" moment?  Look for them throughout the day. I promise they will happen!
Remember, Proverbs 15:13 states, "A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance..." and Proverbs 17:22 states, "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine..." which tells us that laughter is important in all our lives. When is the last time you had a good laugh?  It sure can keep your spirits up!  So, go out there and have a laugh!  :)  Let me give you something to get you started with that laugh.  This one cracks me up every time I read it!

Until next time, have a great week!
From my heart,
Robyn

1 comment:

  1. I love the funny things kids say! :) This was so cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete