"I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God, in Him will I trust." Psalms 91:2

Monday, July 16, 2012

Youth Conference Bound

Dear Blog Friends,
My husband and I, along with nine of our awesome Calvary Baptist teens (a few are pictured here) are heading out today to attend a Youth Conference in Hammond, Indiana.  The teens are excited and so are we. We have gone to this particular meeting for many years and always come home refreshed, revived and recharged.
I am praying as we go for God to bless our time there.  My own heart's desire is to be challenged from the preaching.  I am praying that our young people will go with open hearts asking the Lord to speak to them as well.  Yes, we want to have fun and we will, but we also want this trip to be one of spiritual refreshment for each one of us. 
Hebrews 4:16 tells us, "For the word of God is quick and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."
2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"   The Word of God is powerful and can change lives!
I have had people ask me before "Why do you take all these trips and take teens to camp and conferences? Don't you get tired of all the traveling and stuff?"  Honestly, my answer would be "NO." I don't get tired of it because I know that these trips are so worth the results.
One changed life is worth all the trips in the world.  I have no idea how God is going to speak to a young person, but I know that He will if they are given every opportunity to hear Him speak.
So, friend, if you don't mind please pray for our group as we travel and as we attend this conference.
Thanks so much!
I can't wait to tell you about all we will have done and have heard when I get back; so, stay posted!
Until then,

From my Heart,
Robyn

1 comment: