"I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God, in Him will I trust." Psalms 91:2

Friday, July 6, 2012

Burden or Burden Bearer...the Choice is Mine

This week, well, let's just say, I haven't been well physically speaking...it's been a tough week, to say the least. The other day, if I were honest, I was feeling sorry for myself. You know how that goes, right? We all have days like that from time to time...what matters is what we do with those kind of days.
I have found lately that when I am under the weather physically, that I have alot more time to pray. Now, I don't think that I am ultra spiritual but I do believe that God gives us seasons of time when we are able to pray more for others. We just need to realize when those times come.
As the wife of a pastor, I have many people in my life who carry burdens. My husband and I pray for our church members daily. We carry burdens with them. We pray for their hurts. We love them through tough times. Sometimes, it is easy to become heavy with all the burdens we are asked to carry...that is, in our flesh, it becomes heavy. However, when we focus on taking these burdens to the Lord, they become easy to carry.
God's Word says in Matthew 11:28 - 30, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy , and my burden is light."
I am learning when I am down physically to spend more time carrying other's burdens to the Lord. What it is teaching me is that when I am down and I carry the burden's of others, then, my burdens become lighter as well. You see when a person is down physically it can be tempting for them to complain or become a burden to those around them. I don't want to be a burden to those I love, but rather I choose to be a burden bearer.
So, the lesson for today: Are you a burden or a burden bearer? Remember, your own burdens will seem lighter when you CHOOSE to carry the burdens of others as well. The choice is up to each one of us. What will you choose?
From my heart,
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment