"I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God, in Him will I trust." Psalms 91:2

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Never Let It Grow Old

I love lighthouses!  They remind me of my Saviour.  He is my Guiding Light. This particular picture is of a setting sun and it serves to remind me that one day the Lord is returning. There is still much to be done for Christ and, most importantly, many souls who still need to reached for Christ.
Ephesians 2:8 is a familiar passage to many, but I challenge you to ask yourself, "Has it grown old or do I still marvel at the meaning of this verse?".  The verse says, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God." 

Recently I had the privilege of leading two ladies to the Lord on two separate occasions.  I was excited both times...there is just something very sweet about hearing a person ask the Lord to save them. The Bible says there is JOY in Heaven in the presence of the angels when just one sinner repents. (this is found in Luke 15:10)

The one lady that I talked to was very responsive and very friendly.  I got all the way through explaining what one must do in order to be saved and the lady looks at me and proceeds to tell me she has been baptized.  I told her that was wonderful, but then I did explain that baptism, although, a good thing is merely a picture and it cannot save anyone.  I used an illustration about giving birth to my boys and how they become a part of my family forever. In other words, there is a definite day of birth. However,  from time to time, the fellowship may be broken due to things they have done, but no matter what they do, they are ALWAYS part of my family.  The same is true of one's salvation...it is a ONE time event where a person puts complete faith and trust in Christ, alone, to save them and then, even though fellowship may be broken from time to time, they are always part of God 's family.

Salvation was not free because it cost the life of Christ on a cross.  A price was paid, but it was paid in order to provide you and I with this wonderful gift...eternal life!
Salvation is not through a denomination, a church, a person, a friend, an event, but rather it is through the grace of God by faith in Christ and Him, alone.  Any man, woman or child who places their complete faith in Jesus can and will be saved.  What an amazing thought to remember and dwell on...we can be saved forever through faith in Christ.

Do we still get excited about the day we got saved?  Do we still tell others about this wonderful gift of salvation? The other night at church, my pastor husband asked for people to tell when they got saved...I raised my hand and very happily announced, June 4, 1987.  I was glad that I was able to say that.  I was so thakful to know that I am saved.  I trust you are too.

I pray that you know Christ as your Saviour.  I pray that it will never grow old to you...this precious gift of salvation!

So, this week...I challenge you to go tell somene about Jesus and His wonderful gift of salvation!

From My Heart,
Robyn



No comments:

Post a Comment